Neither George nor his mom are really huge dancers. Okay let me clarify, George can DEFINITELY bust a move, but he has to be in the mood/ with the right people/ the right song/ be a full moon. Haha.
My point is that they were a little nervous about being up in front of everyone dancing at the wedding together. I had an idea in mind, that might make them feel a little more confident. They were a little hesitant about it at first, but it turned out great!
George is rather skilled in his two-stepping abilities from his days as a camp counselor (The camp had a county western themed party each year). So George led Kathy onto the dance floor to the song “Wagon Wheel” (The Darrius Rucker version) and they two stepped to the appropriate lyrics “Rock me mamma like a wagon wheel”. Everyone thought it was super sweet and let them have fun rather than the slow traditional song.
They did a great job, and even threw in some fancy spin moves.
If you are looking for some Mother/Son songs for your wedding, here are some others I was considering. So many great choices!
“Wagon wheel” by Darius Rucker
- I think this would be really cute to 2 step to this
Never Alone Jim Brinkman and Hillary Scott
- A very sweet song of mom speaking to her son that she will always be there for him
“Perfect Fan “By: Backstreet boys
- Ignore that it’s a BSB song (or embrace it) VERY sweet song thanking Mom for all she has instilled in him including faith and grace and independence
“You’ll Be in My Heart” by Phil Collins
- From Tarzan. Great song about mom promising that the bond will never be broken. Who doesn’t love Phil?
“Then They do” by Trace Adkins
- Might be a little too country for some, but a sweet song none the less about the babies growing up to fast
“I hope you dance” by Lee Ann Womack
- Classic wish to live life to the fullest
My wish by Rascal Flatts
- A wish for a wonderful future
“Thank you mom” Good Charlotte
- Cool mom song…not sure if it’s a slow dance but I’m sure you could figure something out if you liked it
I turn to you Christina Aguilera
- Very pretty song
More on my wedding series below, and still more to come!
- The Intro
- The Night Before
- The pre-wedding Beauty Treatment-Workout
- Pre-Wedding Beauty Treatment-Face, Hair, & Nails
- The Cake
- Music: Mother Son Song
- Music: Father Daughter Song
- Music: Our First Dance