Today is my husband’s 24th birthday! Whoooo!!! Here is a little tribute to him. Below are some some well known bits, and some best kept secrets about my handsome husband, favorite person, and love of my life: George Austin Terlep.
- Starting with the obvious: He LOVES Dr. Pepper. If it came in human form, he would have married it. He swears he can taste all 23 flavors of deliciousness.
He has a definitive ranking of which restaurants and fast food joints have the best Dr. Pepper. If you think that a Dr. Pepper taste the same no matter where you go, you would most definitely be WRONG! (if you are wondering, straight from the can is the best)
- I’d like to start off the second item by mentioning that George and I have a very trusting and committed relationship. BUT. There is one person I fear that some day my husband may run off with. It’s not some ex girl friend from his past. It’s Trent Raines.
These two have a love affair that can not be put into words. They are two peas in a pod that have SO much in common (including their passion for the Lord and their obsession for Dr. Pepper, the latest tech gadgets, and marrying beautiful women ha). Luckily Trent’s wife, Katie, is awesome and we can bond while the boys are off getting their bro time in. George didn’t grow up with a brother, but there is no doubt that God gave George a brother in Trent.
Oh and a little bonus story: I do not kid. On our honeymoon we were relaxing on the beach with pina coladas in hand, and my brand new husband looks at me and says. “Wow this is paradise. The only thing that could make this better is if Trent were here too”. ON OUR HONEYMOON! My jaw dropped and he quickly added, “…and Katie too of course. You guys could paint each others nails or something”.
Looks like we may need to plan a double date vacation sometime.
- He is a true Royals fan. I’m not sure why a kid who lives about half way between KC and Cardinal Nation would pick the Royals, but George did. Even when they loose (aka the last 35 years) he wears his blue proud. This October was a VERY exciting time in our house.
- George is a night owl. In college staying up until 4am then sleeping in until noon was his normal. His big-boy job puts a little damper on that schedule, but some times he is still a little hard to wake up in the mornings.
- I do most of the cooking in the house, but every morning George makes a healthy breakfast . Green smoothies for the win!
- He also has become a pro griller. His specialties are Hawaiian chicken kabobs and the most mouth watering salmon known to man kind. I don’t know how he does it, but you should come over and try it for yourself.
- George started the duck face
- To his family, he is known as George Austin or GA…sometimes when his is being silly I call him Austin George. His camp friends know him as just Austin. Sometimes it can get confusing.
- He’s handy. Since we’ve moved he has replaced/installed all kinds of things in the house. He has also changed a lot of tires and batteries since I’ve known him.
- He’s a nerd. We met at engineering school so it’s to be expected. When I say nerd, I mean really really smart…and a total nerd 🙂
- He can dance. He’s got to be in a good mood, and surrounded by people that make him feel comfortable, but when he is, he can really cut a rug. Remember this? He learned this dance in just 1 day!
- He like games. Playing sports, video games, backgammon, yard games, you name it. He is pretty competitive and likes to win. Good thing he usually does. He thinks he’s good at corn hole, but we all know I carry the team.
- He claims he doesn’t like to cuddle, but sometimes (when it’s cold) I wake up like this (and I love it).
- He likes Pretty Little Liars. He claims he just watches it with me, but we all know he wants to find out who A is just as much as all the other teen age girls.
- A kid at Chuckie cheese = George at Dave and busters. And the best prize? Giant slinkies!
- He has a hard time keeping his eyes open in pictures.
All funny things aside, I am so lucky to have George in my life. He is a brilliant man who is slow to anger and full of love and understanding. Above all, George challenges me to be a better person through his honestly, patience, commitment, and strength. I have the privilege to spend my life with him.
Here’s to many more!