In honor of my sister’s 25th birthday I wanted to take the time to share 10 (slightly embarrassing) facts/ memories you may not know about Shannon, my older sister…. Okay so those of you who are really close may know many of these, but as her one and only sister, I feel I may have a few little nuggets for you.
All you need to know about Shannon
According to her sister
- Shannon’s Love Interest …. The one and only Nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys will forever be her heart’s desire.
“Nick Carter ❤ ‘sShannon” was even written in the cement of our cold-a- sac…so it must be true. Once BSB quit making music, Nick got fat, and dabbled in drugs. Shannon’s heart began leaning more toward Justin Timberlake .
Normally I would chastise a girl for switching boy band loyalty, but JT is an exception. I also think that I read in her diary in the 2nd grade that she had a crush on a boy named Kevin in her class. (Whoops cat’s out of the bag…it’s not my fault you hid your key in the most obvious spot.) And then there is Josh.
(Josh, just a word of warning: I am pretty sure if any of these guys tired to make a move on my sister you would be a goner…sorry bout cha.)
- Shannon went through a young hippie phase around age 13th. She had a totally rad pair of orange bell bottoms from LTD2, lots of peace sign accessories, and even a hippie themed birthday party. I specifically remember her telling me that she would never wear makeup because it killed the whales. I’d say she still has a hippie chic style but does wear make up these days. Not a ton.. probably not enough to kill a whale.
- “Shannon poopy the slide”…if you do not know what this means ASK HER (or any Whitney)! It will be worth your time.
- Nicknames: Shannon is a hard name to shorten. Shanny is definitely not approved by this diva. However she has been called:
- Judy : Short for Big-booty- Judy
- Shay: This is my personal favorite
- $ (pronounced “Money” but written like Ke$ha): Short for Shay-Money…not 100% sure how this originated.
- Sacaja Whitney: for her sweet navigating skills
- ShanWow: Summer welcome
- Before I came into her life, Shannon had two imaginary friends: Lauren and Katie. They often took the blame for her messes
- Shannon is a master snow cone maker. She worked a few summers at the pool concession stand and would sing “Come to my Window”, by Melissa Etheridge, when business was slow.
- She has been in 5 weddings (counting the one this coming August).
- She is a TV star. Shannon appeared in a local TV commercial last year. Her face was only on the TV for about 3 seconds, but they ran that ad ever commercial break!
- Her wardrobe is mainly black and gold
- She is the most flexible in our family. She can do a mean handstandand splitsand a bunch of other yoga/ Pilates/dance moves.
I hope you have a great birthday Shay!